Training in "Scientific Humanities"
The MOOC in "Scientific Humanities" by Bruno Latour
« Scientific humanities » means the extension of interpretative skills to the discoveries made by science and to technical innovations. The course will equip future citizens with the means to be at ease with many issues that straddle the distinctions between science, morality, politics and society.If you want to join the MOOC please sign up on this page :
- Learn the basics of the field called “science and technology studies”, a vast corpus of literature developed over the last forty years to give a realistic description of knowledge production.
- Handle the flood of different opinions about contentious issues and order the various positions by using the tools now available through digital media
- Comment on those different pieces of news in a more articulated way through a specifically designed blog.
- The course is available in english and the assignments must done in english.
- The course is designed for undergraduates but since the topic of scientific humanities is not widely known, it will be of interest for graduates and for the general public as well. It does not require a degree in science and technology.
- The course is organized in 8 sequences It displays multimedia contents (images, video, original documents)
- The MOOC requires 3 hours of work per week (including readings and blogs assignments)